You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at NHS UK.
This access allows you to make appointments, request medication and also gives you full access from the day you register to your medical records which includes documents, blood results and consultations.
If you would like to take advantage of this service then please read the information below. You will also need to fill out a questionnaire and disclaimer to view your full records and allow 10 working days for it to be activated.
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up. Alternatively you can submit your information using our online facility below.
- Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine
- Please complete both forms to register for online services
- Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality.
Complete the online forms
Patient Access Video Tutorials
Please note some of these services may not yet be available at the Practice. Please check with reception.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.