The number of people living in Salford and across the country is growing. As a result, we are living longer, and many of us are living with long-term health conditions like diabetes or heart disease. In January 2019, NHS England asked all GP practices across the UK to form a local Primary Care Network (PCN) with neighbouring surgeries.
Salford South East Primary Care Network is one of the five PCNs in Salford and includes 10 member GP practices with a population of 84,000 patients. Salford South East PCN supports and develops the work of current primary care services. For example, our GP practices have greater flexibility and control to provide more proactive, personalised and integrated health and social care at the right time and place.
Our ten-member practices include:
- Cornerstone Medical Practice
- The Willows Medical Centre
- Pendleton Medical Centre
- Salford Medical Centre – Including The Quays Practice
- Orient Road Medical Practice
- Sorrel Bank (Bolton Rd Surgery) Medical Practice – Including Victoria Road Surgery
- Clarendon Medical Practice – Including Angel Medical Practice
- Ordsall Health Surgery
- Langworthy Medical Practice – Including University of Salford Health Centre
- The Height General Practice
What are the benefits to you?
We know the challenges facing the healthcare system in the long term are significant. But, working together, we can offer increased access and specialised services for patients closer to home and without the need to go to the hospital.
Services such as:
- Appointments with First Contact Practitioners, Care co-ordinators Social Prescribers, Mental Health Practitioners and Pharmacists
- Additional capacity for GP and nurse appointments with local overflow hub
- Access to GP and nurse appointments which includes evening and weekend availability, such as cervical smear and blood tests
- PCN GP practices working together to deliver the COVID-19 and Flu vaccine
Get the right care at the right time, and right place
Our website and online help and support hub are full of resources to help signpost residents to local and national health and care services. Whether an existing patient or new to the area you can use our interactive map to quickly find or register with a GP within our Salford South East PCN.
What is your biggest health challenge right now?
We’d love to know so we can use it to help shape our health and well-being focus in the years ahead.
Join the conversation at:
Janine Crowshaw, Practice Business Manager
Lisa Parr & Nadine Sinclair, Practice Operation Managers
Hayley Savvides, Salford South East PCN Managing Director
Dr Vannamalar Selvaraasan, PCN Clinical Director and GP at Orient Road Medical Practice